UCSF Division of Hospital Medicine Palliative Medicine Physician
The Palliative Care Program within the Division of Hospital Medicine (DHM) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center is seeking a physician for the role of clinician- educator in Palliative Care. This position includes patient care, teaching, scholarly work, and clinical leadership within the Palliative Care Program. This is an academic faculty position at the Instructor, Assistant, Associate, or Professor level.
• A supportive and truly interdisciplinary team where each member is an equal contributor
• Dedicated and gifted faculty and staff and outstanding trainees at all levels (medical students, residents, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellows)
• Academic environment with commitment to excellence in patient care, education, and research
• Strong research environment and collaborative culture within the Program and Institution that affords virtually unlimited opportunities for interdisciplinary research, program development, academic productivity, and education
• Institutional culture that is highly receptive and friendly to palliative care
• Inpatient, outpatient and home-based Palliative Care Services and affiliation with Hospice agency
• Opportunities to direct clinical and educational programs within the hospital and the community
• Protected time for academic work and a structured curriculum for faculty career development and leadership
• Diverse patient population
The physician will:
• Serve as an Attending Physician on the interdisciplinary Palliative Care Service
• Supervise and train medical students, residents, and fellows (partaking in our ACGME-accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program with 4 fellows per year)
• Participate in scholarly activities in education, program development, quality improvement, and research
• Participate in educational activities at UCSF affiliated hospitals (Moffitt-Long Hospital, Mission Bay Hospital, San Francisco VA Hospital, and San Francisco General Hospital)
Based on interest and skills the physician may:
• Join the leadership team for the Palliative Care Quality Network
• Engage in development of outpatient and home-based Palliative Care Services as part of an initiative to provide continuity of Palliative Care
• Serve as faculty for the UCSF Palliative Care Leadership Center trainings
• Serve as an Attending Physician and provide clinical care in their primary medical specialty
• Board certification in any primary specialty
• Board-certification or Board-eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine (by the hire date)
• Palliative Medicine Fellowship training or other comparable experience
• Strongly preferred – vision / initiative to extend the reach of our program and the field of Palliative Care and interest in assuming leadership positions within the Program
For more information about the Palliative Care Program, please go to:http://hospitalmedicine.ucsf.edu/care/pallcare.html.
If interested, please apply through AP recruit at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01300 with your letter of interest, CV, and contacts of three references.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.